20101230

Just in time for Christmas!

Kevin and I made it back from our cruise on the 23rd of December.  Thankfully, we completed our shopping and gift wrapping before the trip and we were able to get ourselves ready for the holidays. 

Christmas is a bit tough for me because I miss my Noche Buena celebration with my family back in Florida. 
However, I am working on creating my own traditions here with my smaller family unit.  I celebrate my Noche Buena with authentic Puerto Rican dishes (still working on getting pasteles here next Christmas).  My sister has joined us for the last two Christmas' and my friend Sharon spends the evening with us with her family.  Music plays in the background and we enjoy each others company.  Not big but my tradition nevertheless.

Sharon and her family spend the night at the house and we celebrate Christmas morning with the boys and enjoy a big hearty breakfast before dispersing to visit family and friends.  Kevin and I usually spend early Christmas Eve with his family but this year we changed it up to Christmas Day dinner.  Our Christmas Day was BUSY but we enjoyed the entire 24 hours indulging with great company and visiting family!










No comments:

Post a Comment