20110628

A Baby Story...part 2

I believe that the medicine given to me at the beginning of my labor really helped prolong the entire delivery.  I was so comfortable that even the contractions subsided for a while.  It was at about 6:30 in the morning when the nurse came in and asked me to lay on my right side.  She thought it might help remind my body that I was in labor.  She was definitely right!  The contractions picked up and about an hour later I began feeling the pressure of the contractions again!  Noah was on his way! 

Now for my doctor...he was not on call that evening!  Talk about being stressed out at the idea that a doctor I may meet for the very first time will have to deliver my baby boy.  I was bummed out about not having my doctor at the hospital checking in on me with his quirky commentary.  However, in walked in my doctor, bright eye and bushy tail, at 8 in the morning!  Whew!  Nice of you to join us doc! 

I guess Noah was thinking the same thing because when the doctor checked me we were just about ready to deliver.  I was told that my doctor would return in 30 minutes to start prepping for the delivery and hopefully Noah would join us shortly after that.  Well baby boy had other plans!  I called the nurses back into the room at 8:15 and requested that they find my doctor because Noah was NOT going to wait until 8:30!  Boy was I right!  Noah was born at 8:41 in the morning.  Talk about perfect timing doc!  (By the way, my doctor has offered to deliver all my "easy to birth" babies!)

1 comment: