20110929

Being at home and making money.

Staying at home can be one of the most rewarding jobs a parent can chose.  The children will be around a main care giver throughout the day and the guilt of letting someone else raise your child in nonexistent.  I have been blessed to be home the last four months with my beautiful bundle of joy.  I did not have the chance to be at home with my now nine year old, so I understand the guilt of not being there and I can completely cherish the opportunity I have now.  The hardest part about transitioning from my old ways is that I liked to financially contribute to the household.  I have worked and contributed to the finances throughout my entire marriage and it can be hard to let go of those extra funds. 

The Spark:
I have been quite busy lately with crafting and creating.  My friend and I have been busy working and we put together a fantastic nursing cover.  The idea began when I was on a weekend trip and left my nursing cover at the hotel.  My neighbor is amazing with the sewing machine and I called her over to see about making the nursing cover.  We bought fabric, ribbons, buttons, d rings, and other sewing goodies.  This project started simple.  We had a nursing cover completed and it was beautiful.  Shortly followed the matching burp cloth with all its glory and then we let our imagination run wild.

The Flame:
We now make Nursing Cover/Baby Blankets with matching burp cloths.

The nursing covers double as a baby blanket (which helps lighten the load in the baby bag).  The blanket comes with two attached buttons in which the adjustable straps attach to when nursing and is easily removed when used as a blanket.  The burp cloths are made with the same fabric as the cover/blanket and are beautifully combined with ribbon.

My friend (who is just about a SAHM as well) and I are really excited about selling our craft to mothers who are looking for a product that is as unique and trendy as themselves.

I am happy to be a SAHM and I am also excited about the opportunity to help financially provide with side projects such as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment