20111211

Inspired

My sister-in-law made a beautiful wreath for her home and posted pictures and a tutorial on it on her family blog.  Do-it-yourself projects are so much fun and most of the time CHEAPER!!  Any how, I was browsing the sales online and found that Michael's was having a one day sale on their 24" wreaths.  They were only $1.99!!!  Perfect pricing to get me in the door.

Michael's had their Christmas items 50% off as well so I shopped around the store for items to place on my wreath.

My purchase:
24" wreath- $1.99
1 stem of red berries- 1.00
1 box of Christmas Potpourri- $5.00  (I had enough Potpourri pieces for two wreaths!)

Supplies need:
Hot Glue Gun 

Steps:
1. Fluff out the wreath.  Pull and spread the stems and place the wreath to the side.
2. Carefully pull the berry stems apart. (You should have a handful of bundles to decorate the wreath) 
3.  Evenly distribute the berry bundles on the wreath and wrap the wire from the berry bundles to secure them in place on the wreath.
4.  Generously decorate and place potpourri pieces on the wreath.
5.  Once you have all the potpourri in place and you are pleased with the look, START GLUING!!


Thanks for the inspiration, Lenette!

No comments:

Post a Comment