20101102

Happy 9th Birthday!

Today is J's birthday.  My goodness, time has flown by so quick.  I remember that he decided to grace the world on a Friday of a 3 day weekend.  See, even from the beginning he planned his actions!  He was a great baby, I can say that he was very mild and easy to please! 

When I think back at his first years, I see his chipmunk cheeks and this great big smile that lit up the room. He was his uncle's little fence partner from the moment he could walk.  I remember watching them sword fight in the living room.  Oh the good ol' days.  J would watch Chicago with me and even dance to the music; just as long as we could watch Blue's Clues afterward. 

I still see him that way; although he is now officially 9.  I guess that is what parents do.  We enjoy our children but deep down we still see them as the young toddlers they were.  I cried during his kindergarten graduation.  I was happy to see him achieve so much and yet sad that my baby was no longer a baby!

Today he is 9.  His likes have changed.  I haven't seen him pick up a fencing sword since he was one and blue's clues is a vague memory.  However, we get to see him get excited about sports, excel in his academics, and blossom into this great child!  He is a phenomenal reader; He reads leisurely daily and the books can not come in the home fast enough.  He is passionate about his beliefs just as much as he is passionate about helping others.  He has this heart for humanity and a level head that will get him anywhere!

I am excited to see what he will grow up to be!  His potential is limitless and he can achieve whatever his heart desires.  I love my caring gentleman!  I am and will always be proud of him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments: