20110223

Baby is good. My big baby is sick.

My little man woke me up at one in the morning with his loud moaning.  He was flushed in the face and complained of a severe headache.  I got him some medicine and took his temperature.  The thermometer read 101.6.  I automatically freak with my little man since he is usually the healthiest in the bunch.  A temperature like that may not mean much to someone else but in our household it is A BIG DEAL.  Of course he was excited when he heard he was unable to go to school but became rather upset when we had to take him to the doctors.  He does not enjoy the doctors at all.  He hates needles, the thought of blood raises his stress levels, and the experience is horrible before it even happens.

We got him to the doctors and all his test came back negative.  They checked his blood work and found his white blood cells lower than they should be and concluded a viral infection.  We've been fighting a fever of 102 all day but at least he will get the week to recover.  He has another doctor's appointment on Friday, so we will see where we are there.

I have my doctor's visit today as well.  Today was my glucose test!  How wonderful.  I barely managed to drink the entire bottle and was instantly suffering from an upset stomach.  There has to be another way to figure out if an expectant mother has gestational diabetes.  I am still getting over this afternoon.  I have been having a hard time eating sweets this entire pregnancy and they made me chug pure sugar.  Disgusting!

Anyway.  The baby is fine.  I am 28 weeks and measure 28 cm..  I have gained 2 pounds since my last visit, almost 6 weeks ago (due to the snow storms) and the baby was measuring 140 bpm.  Everything seems gravy.

My new issue is determining if I want to do the 3d ultrasound.  There isn't a need for it but I am curious at how he growing and looking.  I want to know how much hair I am expecting and to get a sneak peak on his features.

No comments:

Post a Comment