20110205

Meet the Parents

My mother and I are very close.  We are constantly in contact with each other and I don't go but two days without calling her or my phone ringing with her on the other line.  We are honest with each other but we always encourage each other often.  She is funny, caring, temperamental, and very sensitive.  She is known for her bad temper but I know her as the one that goes out of her way for others.  She is always helping others and giving of herself.  I love her dearly.



The sad truth is that I never really had a relationship with my father.  He was out of my life before my memories began to stick.  I have vague snippets in my memory of times in my youth when I saw him.  I do remember spending an afternoon with him at the mall when I was very young.  I don't recall much but I do remember falling in love with some cowboy boots at the shoe store.  He bought them for me and I wore them out of the store.  I can still here the clicking sound of the heels on the polished concrete floors.  Sadly I was never given a chance to build a true relationship with him.  He passed away when I was 15.  I would share a picture of him but I do not own not one picture.  I did however found this picture.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful representations of your parents... oh prima, my mom is going to have to hook you up with photos of your father (if you'd like). Let's see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like that very much. Digital copies will work. I can print them out here and put them in an album!

    ReplyDelete