20110226

Work in Progress

Slowly but surely Kevin and I have been getting the room together for the baby.  I would love to have the room ready before the baby shower this March and we are working hard to meet the goal.  I would like to bring home our love gifts from the shower and find there permanent spot instead of just throwing them in the room to sort through later.

I have some amazing people in my life that are making in effort to join us for our celebration.
My mom and step father are coming from Kentucky
My Brother and SIL will be traveling from Texas
My cousin is flying from Florida

I appreciate the sacrifices they are making to travel the far distance to join us!  I cannot wait for our mini reunion!  Plus that will be 6+ enthusiastic hands wanting to help find places for all the items and how can I deny them the opportunity to help this pregnant lady out? 

Today, Kevin and I will be heading to the furniture store to find a chest and a rocker for the room.  I will finish placing the order for my caramel apple party favors, and I have to go back to the bakery to talk to my baker.

My amazing friends have been busy over here as well.  They have decided to be busy bees on the side and will be helping out with the food for the party.  Isn't that fantastic!?  They are even doing the shopping for me and just calling with all the pricing!  I love it. 

Another amazing gift:  One of Johnathan's old preschool classmate parents and I keep in touch for birthday parties and play dates and they will  be supplying bottled coke products for the shower!  Our theme is vintage fire fighter and I really wanted to buy bottled sodas for the tables.  Now I am going to have them!   I AM SO EXCITED! 

I cannot wait!   The last time I threw a big party was for my wedding reception.  5 years is too long and we are going all out!!

Happy shopping today!

No comments:

Post a Comment